[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v1.3.5 released
jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 19:26:25 UTC 2015
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libsane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 1.3.5:
* Add prepend and append to PDF save options.
* Use new threading philosophy for scanning thread.
* Fix bug applying profiles with duplicated or invalid options
* Selecting single-sided pages also selects facing page. Closes bug #206
(Selecting 1-sided/front after 2-sided/back has a logical problem)
* Fixed scan->unpaper->OCR chaining.
* Changed defaults so that unpaper does not run by default after scanning.
* Enabled hours, minutes and seconds in filename template.
Closes patch #12 (Enable hours, minutes and seconds in default filename).
Thanks to Jason Kankiewicz for the patch.
* Update to German translation (thanks to Tobias Bannert)
* Update to Slovak translation (thanks to Dusan Kazik)
More information about the sane-devel