[sane-devel] gscan2pdf 1.4.0 released
jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:35:41 UTC 2016
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control flatbed or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libsane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 1.4.0:
* Fixed double file overwrite confirmation
* Update paper size combobox after setting profile
* Integrate user-defined tools into scan post-process
* + dialog window for user-defined tools
* Fixed extended page numbering toggle
* Fixed restoring crashed session
* Fixed paper sizes after switching device. Closes bug #216
(options for A4, US Legal, and US Letter have disappeared in the Geometry
options for Scansnap IX500 in 1.3.9)
* Correct hiding/showing of widgets when saving JPEG
* Save session after an action rather than before so as not to lose the last
action in the event of a crash
* Update to French translation (thanks to Jean-Marc)
More information about the sane-devel