[sane-devel] cannot find a setting to prevent new window from opening to save scans

Jim Smith Sr jim7fl at gmx.com
Mon Aug 29 14:25:22 UTC 2016

Hello All,

I scan a lot of documents and use the batch scanning almost exclusively.
  Somehow some of my setting were changed recently and the following
annoying behavior results.

Acquire preview -> Select Area and hit Scan-> a new window pops up and I
have to hit the Save icon to save the scan and then I have to close the
window.  This is NOT the behavior I used to have.  I would go merrily
along scanning multiple documents without have to deal with extra
prompts and windows.

Please help.

Jim Smith
USA Florida