[sane-devel] Help with setting up scanner to work over wifi

juntjoo at gmail.com juntjoo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 18:36:28 UTC 2016

Hi, so I'm at step 4 and first of all, it isn't clear with the first
instruction whether to input those three commands all together or
separately.  I tried separately and got:

ben at Hal:~$ sudo systemctl enable saned.socket
Failed to execute operation: Invalid argument

I should also mention in step two, it doesn't say to do anything with the
window after inputting all the text you have there so moving on to the next
steps I'm not sure if I even did anything in step two.  Just pasting all
this:

"and input exactly:and input exactly:

# Defaults for the saned initscript, from sane-utils# To enable under
systemd please read README.Debian# Set to yes to start saned under
SysVRUN=no# Set to the user saned should run
asRUN_AS_USER=sanedmoniker at pc:~$ cat
/etc/systemd/system/saned.socket[Unit]Description=saned incoming
socket[Socket]ListenStream=6566Accept=yesMaxConnections=1[Install]WantedBy=sockets.target

Execute at a terminal:

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/saned at .service

and input exactly:

[Unit]Description=Scanner
ServiceRequires=saned.socket[Service]ExecStart=/usr/sbin/sanedUser=sanedGroup=sanedStandardInput=nullStandardOutput=syslogStandardError=syslog

# Environment=SANE_CONFIG_DIR=/etc/sane.d SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255

doesn't appear to do anything.  Was I supposed to do something else with it?

Thanks