[sane-devel] Need to get Canon P208 scanner working on Raspberry Pi

Alex lx.2k at web.de
Wed Feb 17 22:37:23 UTC 2016

Moritz Maier <Moritz.Andreas.Maier <at> gmx.de> writes:

> Hi,
>

> I have a Canon P208 scanner and I can't get it working on my Raspberry Pi,
i.e. on ARM architecture. Can anybody help me or provide a quick solution? I
need to get it running very badly.

> I've already tried the rasbian wheezy packages sane, libsane,
libsane-extras, sane-utils, cups, xsane. As well as the offical SANE backend
from the Canon website
(http://de.software.canon-europe.com/products/0011145.asp), which I compiled
and installed from source (together with sane-backend-1.0.19). It is not
working, I believe, because it is for the i86 architecture.

> At the moment I have the latest SANE version 1.0.25 installed from source
and it works with my Canon Pixma MP640 scanner, also via Wifi, but
unfortunately not with the Canon P208 connected via USB (powered hub).

> Under Ubuntu the P208 scanner works like a charm.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Moritz

Dear Moritz,

I've bought a p208II and want to use it with my raspberrypi2.
I followed your discussion at raspberrypi.org but it will not find the p208.
Wheater as listes usb device (lsusb) nor as scanner (sane-find-scanner).
 I'm not using a active usb hub yet.

Do you have any advices?

Grüße aus Frankfurt