[sane-devel] Canon 9000f MKII -- or other comparable scanner?

James Tappin jtappin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 14:31:57 UTC 2016

Hi everyone.
   I'm looking to upgrade my scanner from an Epson Perfection 1660, and
based on: listed support on the sane website, specs and price; the best bet
looks to be the Canon 9000f MkII.

Does anybody here have any real hands-on experience with that scanner, in
particular with film scanning (one of the reasons for the upgrade is the
poor performance of the Epson scanning film, and its complete lack of
medium format film support).

Alternatively, I'd welcome suggestions of alternatives (the main Epson
competitors are listed as unsupported) -- the main requirements are:
1) Supported by sane
2) Film scanning, including medium format.

James Tappin