[sane-devel] error: 'could not start scanner

harry.harmsen at gmail.com harry.harmsen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 14:35:51 UTC 2016

Hi,

I can't scan with XSane because of an error message: if i click the button
'Scan' in XSane, I get this message: "could not start scanner: false
argument" (the language of my interface is Dutch, so I had tot translate it
in English, I don't know if my translation is quite correct).

I have a Brother DCP-J752DW. This all in one printer does make a scan for
instance by the app 'gscan2pdf' and 'Simple Scan'. But because of OCR (in
YAGF) I need XSane.

Any idea what can be wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,