[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v1.5.0 released
jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 14:37:46 UTC 2016
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libsane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 1.5.0:
* Also import text layer when importing PDF or DjVu.
* + option in Edit/Preference to allow/forbid batch scanning from a flatbed
* Store date as string to avoid time zone problems
Closes Debian bug #823626 (Date in file name off by one day when saving)
* Show warning when importing a PDF if number of images is not equal to number
* + option not to close save dialog.
Closes feature request #91 (Keep save dialoque open)
* Update to Occitan (post 1500) translation (thanks to Cédric VALMARY)
More information about the sane-devel