[sane-devel] Canon Lide scanners stopped working in Ubuntu 16.04

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 22:44:27 UTC 2016

Sounds like we have some problem with the genesys backend. Can you
compile an older version of sane-backends (perhaps 1.0.24, or whatever
version Ubuntu 14.04 used)? If that works, then you can do a git
bisect, and find where it breaks. If that does not work, I think we
are looking at something else different in the newer Ubuntu, like
libusb or the kernel.

allan

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 2:31 PM, Dmitry B <linuxsquirrel.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody. Recently I used Canon Lide scanners 110 and 220. They used to
> work in Ubuntu 14.04. In 16.04 they stopped working. I see an error message
> "Device I/O error". There are many bug reports on Ubuntu's Launchpad, but
> they look like abandoned:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sane-backends/+bug/1588878
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sane-backends/+bug/1587853
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sane-backends/+bug/1391038
>
> The version of libsane is 1.0.25+git20150528-1ubuntu2 . I also tried to
> build my own version from Debian experimental (1.0.26~git20151121-1), but
> this didn't help.
>
> The first link contains debugging information collected with scanimage -L/-T
> and debugging environment variables. In there any chance to fix Caon Lide
> scanners support?
>
> --

of my hand"