[sane-devel] Canon DR-C125: Wrong colors when scanning Duplex

el-ti tl at ewetel.net
Tue Mar 15 10:08:41 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have an appendix to make – maybe someone has a hint for me, why the
scanner behaves really strange:

Depending on the scanning resolution, the shifting on the color range is
different! I used the following command to test this:

scanimage --batch --source "ADF Duplex" --page-width 210
--page-height=297 -l 0 -t 0 -x 210 -y 297 --mode Color --resolution 300

Then I tried all available resolutions: 100, 150, 200, 240, 300, 400,
600. The results are strange:

Scanning with 100,150,200 gives me:
Blue -> Red
Red -> Green
Green -> Blue

Scanning with 300 and 400 gives me:
Blue -> Green
Green -> Red
Red -> Blue

And scanning with 240 and 600 shows the RIGHT colors.

How is that possible? And how can this problem be solved?

I installed Rolf Bensch’s PPA
(https://launchpad.net/~rolfbensch/+archive/ubuntu/sane-git), because it
solved the back page cutting problem when scanning Duplex. (see
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.scanning.sane.devel/24903)

Other than that, I only installed the Canon "DR-C125 Driver for Linux
V1.0 (v1.0)".

Any hint is appreciated!
el-ti