[sane-devel] [Solved] Remote scanners stopped working after upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04

Jörn-Ingo Weigert jiweigert at gmail.com
Sun May 1 18:57:18 UTC 2016

Well, my impression is that this is to 99% a result of the guys at Ubuntu
cause they ignored the fact of an enabled running saned service, indicated
through RUN=yes option and a
Tending misleading configuration hint in the saned(8) man page, there the
near distance of a SysV Init and a  systemd supported saned-config option.

though it should be clear that the saned should be started through
systemctl command but this info is missing in the man page and I suggest
that that info should be noted in the saned(8) man page within the systemd
section.

There was a related bug report on Debian bug tracker which lead me to the
right solution at the end..

Kind regards