[sane-devel] xsane root only

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Mon May 9 08:23:05 UTC 2016

Hello,

On May 8 12:15 tom wrote (excerpt):
> ... does not work for me with out root permissions ...

In particular when you alone use your own scanner
connected to your own computer (i.e. when you do
not need to care very much about other persons in
a multi-user environment who should be allowed to
access your scanner) and when you do not like
to fiddle about udev access permission settings,
have a look at what I wrote in the section about
"USB scanner access permissions via udev"
in
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Configuring_Scanners
as a
"workaround to get those kind of issues out of sight"
that should also work for SCSI scanners.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)