[sane-devel] pixma backend: -x/y auto advertised but not available / how to crop?

Manuel Reiter manuel at reiter.pm
Thu Apr 27 21:05:42 UTC 2017

Nobody? I found this old discussion which seems to suggest the pixma devices don't support auto-detection:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2009-December/025674.html

If that's indeed the case, may I suggest updating the pixma backend so that it doesn't advertise capabilities that don't exist?

Also, I'd still appreciate suggestion for a scriptable approach to achieve this functionality.

Thanks,

  Manuel