[sane-devel] Need Help getting Canon ImageClass MF244dw working

Curtis Graham jcg.computertech at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 01:03:24 UTC 2017

I still can't seem to get my scanner to work with debian 1.0.25-4.1. I'm
guessing I need to get up to 1.0.27. My Multi Scanner is a Canon imageclass
MF244dw. Here is the output:

sudo sane-find-scanner

 # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
 # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
 # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

 # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure
that
 # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Language Error], product=0x27d2 [Language
Error]) at libusb:007:004
found USB scanner (vendor=0x1415 [OmniVision Technologies, Inc.],
product=0x2000 [USB Camera-B4.09.24.
1]) at libusb:006:003
could not fetch string descriptor: Pipe error
could not fetch string descriptor: Pipe error
could not fetch string descriptor (again): Pipe error
found USB scanner (vendor=0x1bad [Mad Catz, Inc.], product=0xf027) at
libusb:001:002
 # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported
by

 # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

 # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
 # can't be detected by this program.

I think it is
usb 0x04a9 0x27d2

sudo scanimage -L

Any help with pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thank You
Curtis

--
J Curtis Graham