[sane-devel] Cannot connect to my Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i: connect_fd: could not open device: 3

Max Westen max at dlmax.org
Tue Dec 5 19:10:22 UTC 2017

Hi Allan,

I've tried setting the env setting SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1 before connecting
my scanner.
Output is still the same. The first scanimage -L returns the device. The
second (or sometimes the third time) calling the same line and it's gone.

I've looked at the specs of this macbookpro; it only contains 2 USB 2.0
ports, so it shouldn't be a USB 3 issue....

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-2-duo-2.2-15-santa-rosa-specs.html

I also tried installing Arch (same setup as on macbookpro) with sane on
another laptop lying around (with lower specs, so definately not usable as
workstation) and the same scanner and that works flawless.... :(

Is there anything I could try or anything I could do to try to get it
resolved ?

Thanks again!

Max