[sane-devel] Cannot connect to my Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i: connect_fd: could not open device: 3

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Wed Dec 6 17:28:19 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-12-06 at 12:35 +0100, Max Westen wrote:
> Mea culpa!
>
> Found the culprit....
> SANE DID work..... but I had scanbd installed too, so scanbd had the
> usb connection with sane and kept the device locked.....
> I disabled scanbd, as I remembered installing that and that it might
> interfere with SANE... and so it did!
>
> Sorry for having bothered you and thanks for the help!
>
> Max

Well, make sure scanbd and the sane backend have their own dll.conf
where scanbd uses the "normal" one (including the backend for your
scanner), and give the normal clients only see the net backend as you
normally would for saned.

Configure scanbd  to use the a separate directory where your copy the
relevant config for your backend and a dll.conf that is configured for
your backend. Remove all backends from the normal dll.conf (normally in
  /etc/saned.d) but the net backend

All frontends will then use net to connect to scanbd/saned that in its
turn connects to the scanner

BR, Louis