[sane-devel] Need TWAIN-SANE help - Fujitsu fi-5530C2 on Mac OS X Yosemite, SANE version 3.4

Maria King maria at philo.org
Sat Dec 30 20:53:03 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Need a little help. I’ve read the documentation and am still lost.
I’m not a programmer, first of all. I can enter simple commands in Terminal and follow instructions.
I downloaded & installed all the packages: libusb, SANE-backends, SANE-Preference-Pane, and SANE-Interface, in that order.
Now when I hook up the scanner I can find it in Terminal using sane-find-scanner, and it identifies itself.
I don’t know what to do next. I don’t see any independent TWAIN interface program to run (though it seems there isn’t any), and Image Capture is useless.
What do I do? Is there another Mac program or third-party application I can use to set up and administer the scanner? Or a way to configure it as a server?

Thanks for all that you do! It’s great to have this kind of open-source tool available…I just need to jump this last hurdle! :-)

Best,
Maria

--
Maria King, Sopran