[sane-devel] Multi-page scans

dm1fr at yahoo.fr dm1fr at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 29 07:10:50 UTC 2017

I am running Xsane under Ubuntu 64bit and my printer is an Epson
ET-4550.  I've had trouble getting Xsane to recognise it wirelessly, so
I am using a USB connection. The machine sits about 4 feet from my
desktop PC.

The printer has a document feeder, but I am trying to scan non-standard
sheets, so these need to be placed on the platen.  I am trying to get
multi-page pdfs, but it's quite hard, as I have to quickly open the lid
of the scanner and replace the page before it starts scanning the next
page, and I can only tell when to do this by listening to the tone of
the motor driving the scanner arm!

Is there a way of setting Xsane to pause between each page of the scan,
or is there a better way of achieving what I am trying to do?  Thanks.