[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 220

grepnoid adrian at aeolian.org.uk
Mon Mar 20 21:20:14 UTC 2017

Thank you for that.  I did get it to work under Linux using xsane and genesys
driver.  Details of how to do it are here
http://gsusmonzon.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/canon-lide-220-in-ubuntu-1404.html
My comment explains that I was using an old Ubuntu with a probably-too-old
genesys driver.  A compile from source of version 1.0.26git worked.  Some
have success under Ubuntu using a PPA, details here
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2258489

In short, it's likely that most recent distro versions use a new enough
driver version that it works out of the box.  Thanks for the offer of help,
maybe someone can confirm that is it definitely supported with recent
genesys drivers.