[sane-devel] CanoScan 9000F not recognized on Lubuntu

Jonathan Barés Jonathan.bares at umontpellier.fr
Thu Mar 30 19:04:37 UTC 2017

Hi all,

After googling for hours I still do not understand why my CanoScan 9000F
MarkII is not recognized by my Lubuntu computer (14.04 kernel) and am
hoping some of you could help with this.

When I run sane-find-scanner I get:

   # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
   # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
   # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

   # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that
   # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

   # No USB scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that
   # you have loaded a kernel driver for your USB host controller and
have setup
   # the USB system correctly. See man sane-usb for details.
   # SANE has been built without libusb support. This may be a reason
   # for not detecting USB scanners. Read README for more details.

   # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

   # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary
ports
   # can't be detected by this program.

   # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
   # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
   # necessary.

I have tried to add the rule:
# Canon CanoScan 9000F Mark II
ATTR{idVendor}=="04a9", ATTR{idProduct}=="190d", MODE="0664",
GROUP="scaner", ENV{libsane_matched}="yes
in /etc/udev/rules.d/50-CanonScan.rules but still get the same problem.

I am really surprised because the scanner seems to be seen by the
computer when I run lsusb:
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04a9:190d Canon, Inc. CanoScan 9000F Mark II
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 1c4f:0048 SiGma Micro
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 413c:2107 Dell Computer Corp.
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Here is also my version of sane:
xsane-0.998 (c) 1998-2010 Oliver Rauch
   Courrier électronique : Oliver.Rauch at xsane.org
   paquet xsane-0.996
   compilé avec GTK-2.24.18
   avec fonction de gestion de la couleur
   avec support GIMP, compilé avec GIMP-2.8.4
   Formats de sortie de XSane : jpeg, pdf(compr.), png, pnm, ps(compr.),
tiff, txt

If anybody has an idea of what is happening I would be extremelly happy
to have some help.
I thank you in advance.
Best,
Jonathan