[sane-devel] Applying downstream patches (was Re: Fix PPA build)

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sat May 13 09:15:09 UTC 2017

Hi Jörg,

Olaf Meeuwissen writes:

> Hi again,
>
> Olaf Meeuwissen writes:
>
>> Hi Rolf,
>>
>> Rolf Bensch writes:
>>
>>> Please have a look at the attached patches. Maybe there are additional
>>> fixes for SANE (fix_avahi_error_paths.patch) or there are needful
>>> additional options for configure possible or just keep them inside the ppa?

Inspired by this nudge from Rolf Bensch to have a look at the same for
his PPA, I went through the Debian debian/patches for sane-backends.

These have been applied upstream:

  0015-frontend_libs.patch
  0100-source_spelling.patch
  0105-hp3900.patch
  0110-dll_backend_conf.patch
  0120-typo.patch
  0605-man_typo.patch
  0500-CVE-2017-6318.patch (was cherry-picked from upstream)

Maybe not exactly but at least in spirit.

This will be taken care of by the next autotools sync:

  0030-ppc64el.patch

These are candidates for after the upcoming sane-backends release:

  0005-libsane_deps.patch
  0035-trim-libraries-in-sane-backends.pc.in.patch
  0700-mk_reproducible_results.patch
  0705-kfreebsd.patch
  0135-saned-remotescanners.patch

These will not be upstreamed: