[sane-devel] Getting ready for sane-backends release

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Mon May 15 12:01:24 UTC 2017

Hi Allan,

m. allan noah writes:

> On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor at ukr.net> wrote:
>> неділя, 14-тра-2017 20:11:03 Olaf Meeuwissen написано:
>>> Hi Allan,
>>>
>>> I just pushed an update of all the autotools and gettext derived files.
>>> Unless there are any other updates to any of these files, all you need
>>> to do to update the version number is
>>>
>>>   sed -i 's/1\.0\.26git/1.0.26/g' configure.ac configure
>>>
>>> Apart from making your mind up about whether we should skip 1.0.26 and
>>> jump to 1.0.27 ;-)
>>>
>>> Please run autoreconf on Debian GNU/Linux 8.8, but only if you really,
>>> really have to.
>
> What so now you get to dictate my OS? :)

Of course!  Way down to version and type of kernel ;-P
Be glad I didn't specify a kernel version or architecture ;-)

The reason is really to keep the changes minimal.  It is what I use to
check for autotool issues and fix them where possible.  The GitLab CI
pipelines[1] have been using the derived files that result from this for
most of the time after the 1.0.25 release.

 [1] https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/pipelines

>> Is there any schedule for pushing po-files updates?
>>
>> I have sent an updated version of uk.po to Allan and to this list but it has
>> not been pushed to the repo yet. :'(
>
> Sorry Yuri, I've been traveling. I just committed and pushed your
> work. Thank you for your efforts, and sorry for the delay.

And another sorry from me for missing Yuri's patch on the mailing list
when "scavenging" for patches.

I also noticed that I didn't commit the changes that result from running

  make -C po update-po

Commit is on the way but I noticed that we have a lot of untranslated
and fuzzy strings (no different from 1.0.25 btw).

Hope this helps,