[sane-devel] systemd and saned

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Tue Nov 14 09:48:21 UTC 2017

On 11/14/2017 01:18 AM, Guillaume Courtois wrote:
> Le 14/11/2017 03:45, ToddAndMargo a écrit :

>>> I mean, if you put nothing it will not trigger a stop when you launch
>>> it.
>>>
>>> So for me the RemainAfterExit=yes is implicit.
>>> But surely, if you add RemainAfterExit=no you must have a stop script.
>>>
>>> Also, if you do a systemctl stop service_name, it uses the stop
>>> command too.
>>
>> I am looking to see if the lack of a stop line affects
>> systemctl's "stop" and "reload" functions
>
> I'd say yes, but maybe a unit to manage a socket does not need a stop
> function ?

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.service.html
from example 1

     "Since no ExecStop= was specified, systemd will send SIGTERM
     to all processes started from this service, and after
     a timeout also SIGKILL. This behavior can be modified, see
     systemd.kill(5) for details."

I couldn't find anyuthing on ExecReload