[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v1.8.9 released
jffry at posteo.net
Sat Nov 25 10:16:04 UTC 2017
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libimage-sane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 1.8.9:
* Rename preference "Open scan dialog at program start"
-> "Open scanner at program start"
* Fix killing processes on cancel
* Hide extended page numbering checkbox and source document frame unless
scanner is not capable of duplex and ADF is selected. Therefore, for
duplex-capable scanners, this is never shown. For duplex-incapable
scanners, this is shown if the ADF is selected, but otherwise hidden.
* + support for the new API in ImageMagick 7 for unsharp mask
* For single-sided documents, hide rotate facing/reverse/both side
* + missing documentation for Edit/Properties
* Don't reapply scan settings if value is within tolerance.
Closes bug #287 (Reload recursion limit (5050) exceeded)
* Fix crash reading corrupt config file
Closes bug #288 (gscan2pdf-1.8.8 does not run in Ubuntu 16.04)
* Update to Slovak translation (thanks to Dušan Kazik)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the sane-devel