[sane-devel] SANE needs a GUI like CUPS's 'system-config-printer' to manually add a network scanner.

Hans Deragon hans at deragon.biz
Sat Nov 25 20:25:54 UTC 2017

Greetings Alex,

> There is program named xsane that could help you.

It does not help.  It aborts because it does not found a scanner I use
occasionally, when I am at my friend's house, and it does not find my
scanner, which I am able to ping to and access to from another computer.

> If you use an HP multifunction printer you can configure it from
> system-config-printer and you scanner feature will automatically work.

Nope, that is not the case.  system-config-printer is only for the
printer side of a MFC device.  I can print to my MFC, but I cannot scan
it.  As a scanner, it does not exists and I have no means to add it
manually to Linux.

Merci,
Hans Deragon