[sane-devel] Kodak (FUNAI) Verite 55W ECO Scanner/Printer

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Wed Nov 29 09:58:36 UTC 2017

Hi Ronald,

Ronald Modesitt writes:

> OS: Linux Mint 18.1
> PC: Dell P690, Two dual core Xeon processors, 16 Gb ram
> Scanner: FUNAI Verite 55W ECO (AIO device)
>
> Unable to install the above scanner, printer works.
> Downloaded and installed printer and scanner device drivers.
> Printer device driver works fine and printer utility shows in Mint menu.
> No utility displays for the scanner, but I don't know that it should.
> Scanner is not found by Simple Scan, however sane-find-scanner finds the
> scanner as follows.
>
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x0f1c [FUNAI], product=0x0123 [KODAK VERITE 55W
> ECO]) at libusb:001:002
>
> Actions taken:
> - added 'funai' to dll.conf file
> - created funai.conf file with line
>     usb 0x0f1c 0x0123

This vendor and device are completely unknown to SANE :-(

However, a quick search led me to

  http://www.funaihelp.com/kodak/printer/downloads

where they have 32bit and 64bit scanner drivers for Linux.  The "terms
of use" are decidedly non-free but at this point, that driver may be all
that you have to go on. :-(

Hope this helps,