[sane-devel] Best way to stop scanimage?

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Fri Sep 29 09:51:12 UTC 2017

Hi Jeff,

Jeff Sadowski writes:

> Ooooh Ctrl-C sends the INT(-2) signal that is the signal I think I want.

You've already found out how to solve your issue but here are the
details.

Sending a *single* SIGINT or SIGTERM (and if supported by your system at
compile time SIGHUP or SIGPIPE) will cancel the scan in progress.  This
should leave your scanner in a usable state.

Sending one of these signals again will abort the scan in progress (and
may leave your scanner in an unusable state).

You can send signals with the kill command or via the keyboard.  The
latter is somewhat key binding dependent but usually Ctrl-C will do the
Right Thing.

Hope this helps,