[sane-devel] Resolution: range or list?

Brian Potkin brian at copernicus.org.uk
Wed Aug 1 23:18:30 BST 2018

On Wed 01 Aug 2018 at 09:48:01 -0400, m. allan noah wrote:

> Most inexpensive scanners only support a few discrete resolutions. I
> would not be surprised if the older version of that backend was
> scaling the scanner's output to simulate a range. You'd have to ask
> the author.

That is interesting; thanks, I'll make an inquiry about it.

So - whatever the backend gets from the scanner is possibly altered by
the backend in both cases. Is there any relatively easy way to know what
resolutions a scanner firmware does support before the information is
massaged by a backend?

--
Brian.