[sane-devel] General user experience for me with Canon DR 9080C and 7080C

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 21:45:36 BST 2018

Hmm, I don't recall any such report in the past with those scanners,
but other scanners have problems with Linux kernel USB behavior. Can
you try to run your scanning program with the following environment
variable, and see if the problem persists?

SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1

If you still have problems, please collect a log file, compress it,
and send it to me, using something like this:

SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1 SANE_DEBUG_CANON_DR=15 scanimage --resolution=50
> canon.pnm 2>>canon.log
(perhaps running that twice if the first time succeeds)
gzip canon.log

allan

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 12:29 PM, Gjermund Gusland Thorsen
<gjermundprivat at gmail.com> wrote:
> sane finds the scanner
>
> I can scan 1 - one image
>
> Then I need to unplug the scanner and reconnect to scan another picture.
>
> Anyone with the same experience?
>
> Systems Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04, arch and debian on regular no brand PCs,
> as well as archarm on rpi3

> --

of my hand"