[sane-devel] net.conf

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Thu Feb 1 19:26:29 UTC 2018

On 02/01/2018 10:56 AM, Jörn-Ingo Weigert wrote:
> Just my 2c,
> there is something like a manual which you can read. I'm not a Dev but I
> would be annoyed by the frequent questions, which are already answered
> in man-pages, hundred tutorials and Step-by-Step articles. Those
> questions are not really dev-relevant, more how do I...-kind of.
>
> The net.conf you need to tell saned which servers to ask for populated
> scanner, this may be a already configured Sane-Server or a Scanner which
> support the Sane-protocol to populate themself.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ingo Weigert

Hi Ingo,

    There are and they stink: they are not very
helpful at all.  They only half answer questions
and you have to have several side by side to fill
in the missing blanks.  Also the man page has errors
and omissions in it.

    If and when I get saned to work with Fedora, I
will create bug reports on the various problems
I have come across.

    I will definitely post back here what I find.

-T