[sane-devel] scanimage: sane_read: Operation was cancelled on Canoscan 9000F Mark II

Christopher Waid chris at kglug.org
Sun Feb 18 07:20:45 UTC 2018

I've got what I believe is a bug. I was able to duplicate what another
user experienced on Ubuntu 17.10 with this scanner. After updating to
the latest version of sane I'm still getting the error:

scanimage: sane_read: Operation was cancelled

I have read that the below commands do work with at least some prior
version of sane and see there is also documentation indicating that
scanning negatives on this model scanner should work.

If there is anything I can do further test or somewhere else I
can/should report this bug please let me know. I'm very interested in
seeing this bug fixed.

ubuntu at ubuntu:~/sane-backends$ scanimage -L
device `pixma:04A9190D' is a CANON Canoscan 9000F Mark II multi-function
peripheral

ubuntu at ubuntu:~/sane-backends$ scanimage -V
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.27git; backend version 1.0.27

ubuntu at ubuntu:~/sane-backends$ scanimage --device-name pixma:04A9190D
  --source 'Transparency Unit'     --resolution 2400     --format tiff
  --mode Color     -l 76 -x 66     > /tmp/negative.tiff
scanimage: sane_read: Operation was cancelled

ubuntu at ubuntu:~/sane-backends$ uname -a
Linux ubuntu 4.13.0-21-generic #24-Ubuntu SMP Mon Dec 18 17:29:16 UTC
2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

ubuntu at ubuntu:~/sane-backends$ cat /etc/os-release
NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="17.10 (Artful Aardvark)"
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian