[sane-devel] libsane-imagescan.so.1' (No such file or directory)

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sun Feb 18 08:08:06 UTC 2018

Hi Richard,

Richard Ryniker writes:

> libsane-imagescan.so.1 is in the rpm package at:
>
>   http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/home:/zhonghuaren/Fedora_27/x86_64/imagescan-3.32.0-8.1.x86_64.rpm

# Curious, hosting Fedora packages under an opensuse directory ...

> but I have only looked to see this file is there.  I have not tried it.
> Perhaps it will offer you a path forward.  I suspect the package
> referenced above originates from:
>
>     https://github.com/utsushi/imagescan

  $ rpm -qiv imagescan-3.32.0-8.1.x86_64.rp | grep URL
  URL         : http://utsushi.github.io/imagescan/

So yes, it appears to come from that GitHub repository but please read
the page that the URL points to ;-)  This is the first (re)packaging of
the GitHub code that I am just now aware of!

# BTW, I should update the page's content a bit because the EPSON
# Download Center has improved.

However, if you use the imagescan bundle from said download center,

  $ rpm -qiv imagescan-3.35.0-1epson4fedora27.x86_64.rpm | grep URL
  URL         : http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/?OSC=LX

which is where I get the sources that I then push to GitHub.

Hope that helps,