[sane-devel] How can I help with Canon Maxify MB2000 series testing?

Patrick Roncagliolo ronca.pat at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 14:26:49 UTC 2018

Hi Rolf,

I tested scanimage with different options today. In particular, I tested
all the combinations of connection/resolution/color available with flatbed
mode:

 --Connection: usb/net
 --Resolution: 75/150/300/600/1200
 --Color: color/gray/lineart

...for a total of 30 tests. I can confirm that all the combinations work, I
have a folder with all the scans and a script, so I can replicate the
operation while collecting debug info by setting SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA if
necessary, and share all the results somewhere (eg. Google Drive).

But ADF _do not_ work for me using scanimage or scanadf. Here's a sample
output (SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=3 PIXMA_EXPERIMENT=1):

[pixma] pixma is compiled with pthread support.
[pixma] pixma version 0.17.45
[pixma] pixma_collect_devices() found Canon MAXIFY MB2300 Series at
libusb:003:005
[pixma] Scanner model found: Name MB2300(Canon MAXIFY MB2300 Series)
matches MB2300 series
[pixma] pixma_collect_devices() found Canon MAXIFY MB2300 Series at bjnp://
192.168.1.5:8612/timeout=1000
[pixma] pixma_open(): Canon MAXIFY MB2300 Series
[pixma] *mp150_open***** This is a generation 5 scanner.  *****
[pixma] Reader task started
[pixma]
[pixma] [pixma] Reader task id=139915254597376 (threaded)
scanimage: scanning image of size 638x1050 pixels at 24 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring RGB frame
pixma_scan(): start
[pixma]   line_size=1914 image_size=2009700 channels=3 depth=8
[pixma]   dpi=75x75 offset=(0,0) dimension=638x1050
[pixma]   gamma_table=0x704fc8 source=1
[pixma]   threshold=127 threshold_curve=0
[pixma]   adf-wait=0
[pixma]   ADF page count: 0
[pixma] WARNING:send_time() disabled!
[pixma] Current status: paper=0 cal=0 lamp=0 busy=0
[pixma] pixma_scan() failed ECANCELED
[pixma] read_image():reader task closed the pipe:0 bytes received, 2009700
bytes expected
[pixma] Reader task terminated: ECANCELED
scanimage: min/max graylevel value = 255/0
scanimage: sane_read: Operation was cancelled
[pixma] pixma_close(): Canon MAXIFY MB2300 Series

Seems that pages in the ADF are not recognised: see "ADF page count=0".