[sane-devel] Epson Perfection V300 and the backend

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Thu Mar 8 19:50:59 UTC 2018

On 03/08/2018 03:09 AM, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> Hi Todd,
>
> ToddAndMargo writes:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Fedora 27
>> iscan-gt-f720-bundle-1.0.1.x64.rpm
>>
>> By change is the Epson Perfection V300 included in
>> the rpm's front end, but not its back end?
>
> I just remembered I wrote a section about the network configuration for
> iscan a decade or so ago.  Have a look at
>
>    http://download.ebz.epson.net/man/linux/iscan_e.html#sec7
>
> and see if some of that helps.

I will look on Friday when I get some more office time.
Thank you!

>> Scanimage can find it,
>>
>> $ scanimage -L
>> device `epkowa:interpreter:001:008' is a Epson Perfection V300 flatbed
>> scanner
>>
>> but saned cannot.
>>
>> saned[16940]: [net] sane_init: done
>> saned[16940]: [dll] init: backend `net' is version 1.0.27
>> saned[16940]: [net] sane_get_devices: local_only = 1
>> saned[16940]: [dll] sane_get_devices: found 0 devices
>> saned[16940]: saned exiting
>>
>> If not, how do I get the V300 into the back end?
>
> Does saned's dll load the epkowa backend?  I think you can check by
> running it in standalone mode and get the dll backend to output the
> debug info with
>
>    sudo SANE_DEBUG_DLL=128 saned -d128
>
> You are of course looking at the saned output from a saned that runs on
> the machine to which your V300 is connected, right?

Looking at

    # journalctl -efx -t saned > /home/temp/saned.log.epson4.txt

After running `xsane net:localhost`, it seems like I
have hundreds of "epkowa" entries, but nothing with a
"300" in it.

This is why I am suspicious of the V300 not being
supported in the back end.