[sane-devel] daily git snapshots

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sun Mar 11 12:24:32 UTC 2018

Hi Rolf,

Rolf Bensch writes:

> Hi Olaf,
>
> The cron job seems running. I can download the daily git snapshots.
>
> I just pushed some commits to gitlab. But I cannot find the immediately
> builds on the website.

When you say "immediately", exactly how fast do you think they complete
:-P

Here's the time line of events:

 2018-03-11 11:08UTC: you pushed[1]
 2018-03-11 11:20UTC: archive build finished[2]

 [1]: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/commit/a5ae2dad1d4202911be927933b8f8d6a8dde6413
 [2]: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/pipelines/18712000/builds

The builds took a total of 11 minutes and 46 seconds (after a 13 second
wait) to complete.  I'd say give GitLab.com about 15-20 minutes for the
build to complete because it tests the build on *several* setups (as is
clear from [2]) and the archive is only updated when all succeed.

That said, I have experienced some delays occasionally when the updated
"new" website was being deployed, i.e. transferred to storage.  Anyway,
the archive appears to be available for download now.

I'm writing this an hour and five minutes after the build completed ;-)
I'd say that beats those daily snapshots hands down.  But that's not
really the point.  The point is that things happen automatically when
they make sense: build on push and update the archive if all parts of
the build completed successfully (for some definition of success).

Hope this helps,