[sane-devel] [janitorial] Version bumps

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sat Mar 17 02:08:03 UTC 2018

Hi,

I've pushed a number of commits that mostly just update the versions of
"stuff" the SANE Project depends on.  On the CI front, this:

  - adds a Fedora 27 build
  - drops the Fedora 25 build
  - bumps the Alpine build to 3.7
  - bumps the Debian build to 9.4

In terms of "canonical" build environment, CI now uses Debian 9.

# I thinking about dropping the Debian 8 and Fedora 26 builds, BTW.

As for the SANE backends code, I have bumped the autofoo bits to match
the versions in Debian 9.  Specifically,

  - autoconf is unchanged
  - automake went from 1.11.6 to 1.15
  - libtool from 2.4.2 to 2.4.6
  - gettext from 0.18.1 to 0.19.8

If you experience build problems and think they may be due to the above,
try a `make distclean` and re`./configure`.  That said, I don't expect
there to be any :-)

# Here's assuming maintainer-mode rules don't throw a monkey wrench.

Hope this helps,