[sane-devel] sane-backends 1.0.27 skips my SnapScan e20 in USB "unconfigured" state (OK with 1.0.25)

Oliver.Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Sat Mar 17 14:44:07 UTC 2018

Dominque,

I’m the current maintainer of the SnapScan backend which supports the e20 in Sane. Unfortunately I don’t own a e20 myself and don’t have access to one. However, I’ve just tried sane-backends 1.0.27 on OS-X Sierra (homebrew) and Linux with my scanner (that also needs firmware upload) and found no problem. The scanner is detected by sane-find-scanner. On OS-X, homebrew installed libusb 1.0.21.

To debug the problem further it may be helpful to see what the backend itself reports. Can you please run

SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255 sane-find-scanner 2>findscanner.log

and

SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255 scanimage -L 2>scanimage.log

and send me the (compressed) log files (findscanner.log and scanimage.log)

Kind regards,

Oliver