[sane-devel] How can I help with Canon Maxify MB2000 series testing?

Patrick Roncagliolo ronca.pat at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 18:36:04 UTC 2018

I have empty iptables.
By reading manpages, I found that /etc/sane.d was not in
the $SANE_CONFIG_DIR.
I put there "bjnp://192.168.1.5", lanched scanimage -L and it finally
worked.

One question/curiosity: scangearmp2 (Canon proprietary scan tool for linux)
sends a discovery probe on port 8611 instead of 8612, and behaves
differently from the pixma backend. Is there some reverse-engineered
documentation about the BJNP messages, types, codes? I imagine so, given
that pixma-backend exists, but I had no success in finding it.