[sane-devel] XSANE fails to detect any scanner.

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Sat May 5 03:43:59 BST 2018

Hi,

Checking Ubuntu-16.04.04 LTS, drivers are located in
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/sane/, not /usr/lib64, as far
as I use the binary packages by Ubuntu.

And, trying to find the related info by
"strings -a /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsane.so",

I found something like this:
===
add_backend: adding backend `%s'
add_backend: remove the dll-backend from your dll.conf!
add_backend: `%s' is already there
sane_init/read_config: Couldn't open config file (%s): %s
sane_init/read_config: reading %s
op_unsupported: call to unsupported backend operation
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/sane:/usr/lib/sane
load: searching backend `%s' in `%s'
load: couldn't open `%s' (%s)
load: couldn't find backend `%s' (%s)
init: initializing backend `%s'
init: backend `%s' has a wrong major version (%d instead of %d)
init: backend `%s' is version %d.%d.%d
===

So, it looks correct. I'm afraid that your system
mixes i386 binaries & amd64 binaries, or, something
built by yourself. could you post more about your
system?

Regards,
mpsuzuki