[sane-devel] How to limit the scanner discovery to only network/WiFi scanners?

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Fri May 11 13:39:07 BST 2018

Hi,

m. allan noah writes:

> Modify /etc/sane.d/dll.conf, and comment out all the backends you don't need.

Nitpick.  While this may speed up device discovery (a lot), it only does
exactly what Yuri asked if the remaining backends do not support locally
connected devices ;-)

AFAIK, there is no way to "skip" locally connected device detection.
Only skipping non-local device detection is supported by the SANE API.

> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> wrote:
>> I use scanimage from the sane-backends-1.0.27_1 package on FreeBSD.
>>
>> Commands like `scanimage -L` or `scanimage --resolution 600` run a discovery
>> procedure trying to find all possible scanners. Unfortunately, this leads to
>> system crashes because, I guess, they open some device in a wrong way, or
>> something like this.
>>
>> My scanner is on the network, it works over WiFi. How can I limit the
>> scanner discovery procedure to network/WiFi scanners only?

Hope this helps,