[sane-devel] Canon Lide 200 support is broken in 1.0.27 (Repost from March)

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sun May 13 05:04:58 BST 2018

Hi Gerhard, Alec, list,

@Gerhard> Bug's assigned to you.  Could you take a look?

> Ubuntu is also tracking the same issue here :
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sane-backends/+bug/1731459
>
> As described in the above link, the culprit appears to be patch below, when the
> change is reverted the issue is resolved.
>
> https://alioth.debian.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=sane/sane-backends.git;a=commitdiff;h=bd0b0cd218504868f32962a5558449956c8ce242
>
> Can anyone comment?

I don't know anything about the genesys backend but based on the diff,
rather than revert, I would try

  if (dev->model->flags & GENESYS_FLAG_SHADING_REPARK)
    {
       if (dev->model->cmd_set->rewind) {
         status = dev->model->cmd_set->rewind (dev);
       } else {
         status = dev->model->cmd_set->slow_back_home (dev, SANE_TRUE);
       }
    }

This should preserve the old behaviour if the device model's command set
does not have a rewind command.

Only if this does not fix your issue would I revert.  Also, it may be
worthwhile to review the device model command set definition for the
various models.

Hope this helps,