[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 120 calibration

Marshall Jose kerwoodderby at gmail.com
Thu May 31 23:19:08 BST 2018

I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to make my Canon LiDE 120
calibrate itself before a scan. I'm using 1.0.27git installed from Rolf
Bensch's PPA. I see a tangential reference to undocumented command
--calibrate, but when I use it in a scanimage command, I'm told:

scanimage: unrecognized option '--calibrate'

When I install the Windows software for the scanner, I am able to get a
nice, calibrated flat white field result when scanning the background, but
when I use scanimage on my Linux system I always see an uneven whiteness
which varies horizontally but not vertically.

I've done a number of internet searches on this topic, but I haven't found
anything helpful. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks,
Marshall Jose