[sane-devel] [macOS] sane-find-scanner -v, “device is not configured”

Umberto Cerrato umbertocerrato at outlook.it
Thu Nov 1 21:56:28 GMT 2018

Hello everyone!

I’m a Macintosh user.
I’m trying to setup sane-backends for an HP ScanJet 4570c scanner.

I installed libusb (1.0) and libusb-compat from MacPorts.

Then I downloaded the sane-backends v1.0.27 source from GitLab.

1. ./configure is ok. But when I run make, it gives me an error. So I tried configuring the installation by putting only my scanner in the ./configure BACKENDS=“hp5590”. The error disappears, but still my scanner doesn’t show up.

2. When I run sane-find-scanner -v, this line appears: “device 0x03f0/0x1305 at 020:008 is not configured“