[sane-devel] Status of CanoScan LiDE 300 and 400?

Christoph Langner mail at christoph-langner.de
Sun Nov 4 15:38:15 GMT 2018

Hello Sane-Team,

I own a Canon CanoScan LiDE 400, which has been released this year. It
works under Linux, but only with the ScanGear software provided by
Canon. 'sane-find-scanner' detects the scanner, but 'scanimage -L'
doesn't list it in it's output.

$ lsusb | grep Canon
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 04a9:1912 Canon, Inc.
$ sudo sane-find-scanner | grep Canon
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x1912 [LiDE 400])
at libusb:001:004

My question is: Do you know if this new model uses the same (or
similar) chipset like the LIDE 210 oder 220, which are supported by
the genesys backend? If no, how could I help to find out which chip is
used?

Thanks for your work!
Christoph