[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v2.2.0 released
jffry at posteo.net
Fri Nov 30 21:17:49 GMT 2018
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libimage-sane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 2.2.0:
* Check validity of device blacklist regex when applying preferences
* Modify preference "Force new scan job between pages" to only take
effect when scanning from flatbed.
Closes bug #309 (ADF-duplex mode brocken)
* Fixed crash switching frontend option in Edit/Preferences between
libimage-sane-perl and scanimage.
* Fixed visibility of scan widgets when switching from
libimage-sane-perl to scanimage.
* Collect all warning and error messages in one dialog.
Closes bug #309 (stuck while closing error windows)
* Be more tolerant of errors whilst fetching options. Closes bug #313
(Error retreiving scanner options: error getting option 5: invalid
* Use default text if the title of a group of scan options is empty.
* Lock panning of image and OCR output views
* Update to German translation (thanks to Stephan Woidowski)
* Update to Russian translation (thanks to Valerii)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the sane-devel