[sane-devel] genesys_gl847 scanners produce a black band in scanned images (github issue #7)

Fermulator technical at fermulator.fastmail.org
Fri Oct 5 14:33:16 BST 2018

Good day experts

Looking to address sane-backend dev with expertise in the genesys code area.

As per:
 * https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sane-backends/+bug/1731459
 * https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/issues/7

I'd like to raise attention to this bug - it has hit countless users of the Canon IDE scanner beds;

What we know:
 * downgrading to 1.0.25 fixes the issue
 * I believe I isolated the delivery/change to : https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/commit/bd0b0cd218504868f32962a5558449956c8ce242

However, there is insufficient context/comments in that commit for me to understand if we can just revert that change or not. (i.e. was it delivered as an optimization? or to fix some other suite of hardware? ...)

Looking for guidance.

Thank you.

--
  Fermulator