[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA TS8150

Ian M. Stewart ian at peppergate.co.uk
Thu Oct 25 22:51:27 BST 2018

Hi everyone.  I'm new here, and hope I don't get in the way.

I'm considering buying the above printer/scanner, and I understand that
work is ongoing here to include the latest Canon TS series of MFPs to
get them to scan through SANE.  If I do buy one, I'm happy to try things
out on my Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon system for you, and help in any other
way I can.  I have dual boot with Windows 10, so at least I can get some
use out of it.

Before I commit to buying one though, I was wondering if anyone can
reassure me that the printing side at least will function, using the
Canon drivers which they have told me are 'generic', whatever that means
to them?  Any advice gratefully received, thanks.

Ian