[sane-devel] UMAX PowerLook 2100XL w/Adaptec 2940?

David Melik dchmelik at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 02:25:10 BST 2019

Lately on suggestion of someone here, for our UMAX PowerLook 2100XL, I
bought an old Adaptec 2940.  Dmesg & lsmod show the aic7xxx driver
loaded fine.  However, sane-find-scanner does not find anything.  If I
recall correctly, most GNU/Linux distributions don't properly setup SCSI
in /dev by linking one SCSI device there to /dev/scanner and giving both
the right user and group.  How do I find which /dev device is the
scanner and know what user and group or other settings it should be given?

--David