[sane-devel] Epson XP-7100 scanner not found

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Tue Dec 3 15:37:57 GMT 2019

вівторок, 3 грудня 2019 р. 17:14:24 EET ви написали:
> On Tue, 03 Dec 2019 15:10:38 +0200
>
> Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor at ukr.net> wrote:
> > 3 грудня 2019, 15:01:01, від "J. Paul Bissonnette"
> >
> > <jpaulb at eastlink.ca>:

> > > Thanks Yuri
> > >
> > > /var/lib/iscan/interpreter does not exist in any of the 3 computers
> > >
> > > Maybe this is the starting point. :)
> > >
> > > Paul
> >
> > Ok. Can you try to register the scanner manually?
> >
> > 1. Attach your scanner and turn it on.
> >
> > 2. Run 'sane-find-scanner'. You should see something like
>
> jpb at maple:~$ sane-find-scanner
>
>   # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
>   # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
>   # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.
>
>   # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
>   sure that # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI
>   adapter.
>
>   # No USB scanners found. If you expected something different, make
>   sure that # you have loaded a kernel driver for your USB host
>   controller and have setup # the USB system correctly. See man
>   sane-usb for details.
>
>   # Not checking for parallel port scanners.
>
>   # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary
>   ports # can't be detected by this program.
>
>   # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once
>   you # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions
>   as # necessary.

Ok. Let's check then...

1. You have downloaded ESC/P-R Driver (generic driver) 1.7.6 for printer and
All-in-one package 3.61 (imagescan, package for Ubuntu 18.04) for scanner from
https://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/?OSC=LX

2. All these packages were installed without problems and printing works.

3. The device turns on, the cable is not broken but it cannot be detected even
by dmesg when connected to your computer.

Right?