[sane-devel] Using "scanimage" under Gentoo

Bruce Schultz brulzki at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 13:44:38 GMT 2019

On 2019-12-10 03:05, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> On Thursday, 2019-12-05 06:38:52 +1000, you wrote:

>> I followed the installation instructions in your "README.md" file, first
>> created file  "/etc/portage/repos.conf/sane-overlay.conf",  and then ran
>> the command "emaint sync -r sane-overlay".   However this command seemed
>> to run in an endless loop:

I've emailed Rainer off-list and sorted out his gentoo specific issues
with this.

 From his original email, his scanner was working with Ubuntu 16.04 and
sane backends 1.0.28+git20190831 from a PPA.

Rainer can you try now with the sane-backends-9999.ebuild, which will
install the current git version of the backends. I'm hopeful that having
something at least as recent as the known working version may work out
for you.

I guess the erroneousĀ  behaviour referenced below is not a fair
comparison, unless you know that the 1.0.28 release version also worked
on ubuntu?